Data Analysis and Machine Learning with Kaggle: How to win competitions on Kaggle and build a successful career in data science
- Length: 384 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2021-11-09
- ISBN-10: 1801817472
Get a step ahead of your competitors with a concise collection of smart data handling and modeling techniques
- Learn how Kaggle works and how to make the most of competitions from two expert Kagglers
- Sharpen your modeling skills with ensembling, feature engineering, adversarial validation, AutoML, transfer learning, and techniques for parameter tuning
- Discover tips, tricks, and best practices for winning on Kaggle and becoming a better data scientist
Millions of data enthusiasts from around the world compete on Kaggle, the most famous data science competition platform of them all. Participating in Kaggle competitions is a surefire way to improve your data analysis skills, network with the rest of the community, and gain valuable experience to help grow your career.
The first book of its kind, Data Analysis and Machine Learning with Kaggle assembles the techniques and skills you’ll need for success in competitions, data science projects, and beyond. Two masters of Kaggle walk you through modeling strategies you won’t easily find elsewhere, and the tacit knowledge they’ve accumulated along the way. As well as Kaggle-specific tips, you’ll learn more general techniques for approaching tasks based on image data, tabular data, textual data, and reinforcement learning. You’ll design better validation schemes and work more comfortably with different evaluation metrics.
Whether you want to climb the ranks of Kaggle, build some more data science skills, or improve the accuracy of your existing models, this book is for you.