C++ Programming in easy steps, 6th edition
by Mike McGrath
- Length: 192 pages
- Edition: 6
- Language: English
- Publisher: In Easy Steps Limited
- Publication Date: 2022-04-19
C++ Programming in easy steps, 6th edition shows you how to program in the powerful C++ native system language. Now, in its sixth edition, this guide gives complete examples that illustrate each aspect with colorized source code. Updated for the GNU C Compiler and Visual Studio 2022.
C++ Programming in easy steps, 6th edition begins by explaining how to install a free C++ compiler so you can quickly begin to create your own executable programs by copying the book’s examples. It demonstrates all the C++ language basics before moving on to provide examples of Object Oriented Programming (OOP).
C++ is not platform-dependent, so programs can be created on any operating system. Most illustrations in this book depict output on the Windows operating system (purely because it is the most widely-used desktop platform) but the examples can also be created on other platforms such as Linux or macOS.
The book concludes by demonstrating how you can use your acquired knowledge to create programs graphically using a modern C++ Integrated Development Environment (IDE), such as Microsoft’s Visual Studio 2022.
C++ Programming in easy steps, 6th edition has an easy-to-follow style that will appeal to:
- Anyone who wants to begin programming in C++.
- Programmers looking to advance from an interpreted programming language, such as Python, who want to harness the superior speed of C++.
- Students who are studying C++ Programming at school or college.
- Those seeking a career in computing who need a fundamental understanding of Object Oriented Programming.
This book makes no assumption that you have previous knowledge of any programming language, so it is suitable for the beginner to programming in C++, whether you know C or not.