Microsoft 365 Word Tips and Tricks: Discover top features and expert techniques for creating, editing, customizing, and troubleshooting documents
Author(s): Heather Ackmann, Bill Kulterman
Publisher: Packt Publishing, Year: 2021Description:
Explore Word’s top tools and undiscovered features, and learn how to use them optimally in a business or real-world setting
- Use MS Word more efficiently and leverage this handy guide to help you when you get stuck
- Collaborate online effectively and format a variety of professional documents expertly
- Hone your MS Word troubleshooting skills to solve formatting problems and issues encountered by everyday users
Microsoft Word, or MS Word, is a word processor developed by Microsoft. Although Word is one of the office productivity applications included in the Microsoft Office suite, it can also be purchased as a standalone product. MS Word enables you to create, edit, and save professional documents, among other helpful features. Anyone who wants to get better at working with Word will be able to put their MS Word knowledge to use with this practical guide.
The book takes a hands-on problem- and solution-based approach to implementation and provides associated methodologies that will have you up and running and productive in no time. Complete with step-by-step explanations of essential concepts and practical examples, you’ll begin by exploring different versions of Microsoft Word and understand how these versions impact collaboration with others, along with exploring the features available. Throughout the book, you’ll learn how to work more productively and efficiently, with others as well as by yourself, using Word’s sharing and collaboration features and the new reading and accessibility features.
By the end of this Microsoft Word book, you will be able to troubleshoot common issues that may arise when working with documents.
What you will learn
- Track a document’s changes as well as comment on and review changes by others, both locally and remotely
- Use Word’s navigation and view features to improve productivity
- Generate more consistently formatted documents with Styles
- Perform common tasks through simple formatting techniques, Quick Parts, customizing AutoCorrect/AutoFormat, and memorizing keyboard shortcuts
- Troubleshoot the most frustrating formatting problems experienced by Word users
- Create more universally accessible documents by adding Alt Text using the accessibility